Monday, December 27, 2010

The Struggle...

Have you ever had so much running through your mind and wanted to put it down on paper or type on your blog? Have you ever had a horrible time getting to the point where you can actually calm all your thoughts down enough to get there? I feel like that is constantly the point I am at these days. With that being said, here I go about trying ...

Once again, I am struggling with the situation of Dylan going to school in a public system. Actually to be quite honest, I am having a hard time with Dylan going to school at all. I am so confused on all the thoughts and convictions (I think!) going through my mind.

This past year, we sent Dylan to pre-k at a local preschool. My friend is the teacher and I really felt like I could control a little more. He has loved it and done great! However, I cannot shake the feeling that it was not as God wanted me to do. I sent him mostly because I was tired. I was tired of the continuous questions and fighting and most of all, I was tired - physically- from being pregnant. I was tired of trying to defend my homeschooling to my family and friends. I didn't think I could do it.

So I came up with all kinds of good reasons we should send him into the school system (I know that pre-k is not a huge thing but to me, it felt as if it was.). I even started trying to get Andy excited about potentially putting him in the school system permanently ( I am a planner..). All the while, once again, feeling God tell me it isn't His plan for my family.

I am struggling...

 How do I sort through all these voices in my head? How do I talk to Andy about homeschooling again? Will God provide the patience? How will I stand up to people in my life?

Questions... Questions... Questions...

1 comments:

Julie Coney said...

questions are always a good place to start! My kids have been in private christian school, public school, and homeschool. feel free to fire your questions my way.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Resolve to Simplify!
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by WpThemesCreator