Sunday, January 2, 2011

The REAL Me...

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I'm not a real believer in them. However, I do think that the beginning of the new year is a good time for reevaluating and making goals for yourself and family.

With that being said, if you're a mama and wife like me, I want to do everything perfect. I want people to think that I have it all together and that I have "arrived".

That is the farthest thing from the truth. I mess up. I mess up A LOT. 

I am sitting here looking at the chair of laundry that needs folding. The dirty kitchen that has pots and pans needing attention. The Star Wars figures that are littering my floor. The thought lingering in my mind that I might need to begin preparing dinner, but yet not getting up. I just had a baby and my hips are still sticking out. When I pull my stomach skin, it snaps back and rocks my whole core. It's kinda like a human jello-jiggler. My hair is a hot mess. I just yelled at my kids. I forgot to pray when we were out to lunch. The list goes on and on..

So often when writing, talking to people or encountering people in any circumstance or situation, I often want to appear like there is nothing I haven't mastered. Perfect children- check! Submissive, loving wife - check! Great life and everything in place - check! check!

This whole tirade is exhausting! Being someone I am not is exhausting! Putting on this whole show is exhausting...

But luckily, I know someone that is perfect. It's not me and I'm sorry, but it's not you. His name is Jesus. He is the only person who has walked the Earth who "arrived" or had it all together. And I have EVEN better news for you. He loves you and I just as we are. He knows we're not perfect and he still loves us . Isn't that just incredible?!

So in the interest of simplifying my life and being transparent, I am going to be opening up myself and showing some of my dirty hiding places and the not so perfect areas in my life. Interested aren't you?!

If you need somewhere to vent about how you're not at the perfect place you want to be, take heart, here is the place for you. Write about it and leave your website in the comments.There is something freeing about admitting your imperfections and taking heart in knowing that know one but Jesus has arrived! :)

Join me every Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Resolve to Simplify!
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by WpThemesCreator