Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yet Another Post...

Have I mentioned just how much I now adore menu planning? Do you know how much easier life has been since I have truly embraced the power of menu planning? It took a while but I finally figured out just worked for me and my family.

The month of January we have been eating out of our freezer. We have a crazy amount of food in our home. Here are a couple of pictures of just how much we had in our freezers.



With eating solely from the freezer, we knocked the above pictures of our freezers (I believe our freezers were even more stocked that that!) to these pictures...


I know that it does not look like a huge dent but we now have all the meat in the inside freezer and all the frozen juice, cheese and veggies in the outside freezer. We have saved a TON of money this month and we are trucking away at trying to eat all the freezer foods. 

It's amazing just how easy it is to eat at home when you have a plan in place. I have rarely missed running out for a bite to eat. We have had tons of sickness and such so before my menu plan, we would have most likely eaten out most meals. I cannot begin to reiterate just how awesome it has been to have all our food needs right at our finger tips. I am sure that it will also play a huge role in helping us overcome our illness.

The next Menu Plan Monday, I will be adding breakfasts and lunches as well since things have been going so well with planning dinners!

Do you menu plan? How has it made an impact in your days? Do you find it a help or a hinder?

*This post has been linked to Frugal Fridays.*

3 comments:

Debra said...

I find menu planning to be the key to making meal time run smoothly. When I don't do it things are just chaotic. I just started doing breakfasts and it's going to take a bit of getting used to but it should be great in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Looking through my pantry and freezer to see what needs to be used up is one of my least favorite jobs and yet, as you point out, if you take the time to do it you can reap some great benefits! :-)

I do menu plan and it's a wonderful life saver! I'm hoping to get some freezer cooking done next weekend to help out with dinner time prep even more. :-)

Bette said...

We did the same thing this month. I thought for sure the freezer would be completly empty but it's not. I could probably make it through Feb as well.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Resolve to Simplify!
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by WpThemesCreator